Welcome to Jack Butler and Nick Goldsmith's Blog

Friday, May 21, 2010

Jack's Action Reflection


Action Reflection
Prepared by Jack Butler

The action I took explained that everyday kids fall victim to peer pressure. Below was a picture of a boy handing a bong to the person viewing the action. I chose this action because I felt it was the best way for someone to see what peer pressure is like. With this action I hoped to make the person viewing the action to think about whether or not they are susceptible to peer pressure. I think I was successful in doing so because the combination of the picture and the phrase “will you be next” makes the action seem as though the action is focusing on the individual viewing the action. One thing that I have learned from this project is that my decisions and choices I make, make all the impact in the world. For example when it comes to resisting peer pressure it is my decision what I want to do. The same goes for other justice issues. If I believe that something is wrong, it is up to me to stand up for what I believe in. Some may think that they are only one person and they cannot have an impact on the world. But every change in unjust society started with one person.

No comments:

Post a Comment